As a valued client of First American Equipment Finance, a City National Bank company, we offer a number of services to you via our Web site in an ongoing effort to enhance your relationship and provide you with unparalleled service.
- Privacy Statement – Throughout relationship relationship, we respect your right to privacy.
- Security at First American – Learn more about the protection we provide below.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
First American companies do not share any client information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
We never sell any client information to anyone for any reason.
It is our mission to provide First American customers with complete financial solutions by making the full resources of our family of companies available.
WHAT ARE COOKIES and why do we use them?
- To analyze how you, the user, use our website so we can make our website better and to determine your likes and dislikes to help us improve your experience when using our website; and
- To enable our website to perform for you as you expect, such as to log on to a secure area of the website.
You can find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition to the general uses described above, we use information for purposes as allowed by law such as: servicing; communicating with you; improving our website, products, or services; legal compliance; risk control; information security; anti-fraud purposes; marketing or personalizing the presentation of our products and services to you; tracking website usage, such as number of hits, pages visited, and the length of user sessions in order to evaluate the usefulness of our sites; and we also use read-receipt notifications in our email communications.
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other internet access devices are set up to accept cookies. You may change your acceptance of cookies through your browser settings. Your browser’s “help” function will tell you how to do this.
We do not separately maintain a listing of clients who do not wish to accept cookies. You, as a client using an online service, must set your browser to reject cookies to enable our website not to track your use of our website.
Please remember that if you choose to disable cookies, you will likely affect how our website works for you and you may no longer be able to access all or parts of the website.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent. Our website is not directed at persons under the age of 13 and should not be used by them. In no event should young persons provide any personal information through our website. More information about the Children’s Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) may be found at www.ftc.gov.
Security at First American
At First American Commercial Bancorp, DBA First American Equipment Finance, protection of client financial information is our high priority.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
To protect the confidentiality of our clients’ financial activities recorded on our systems, we use technology to update and test our computer networks regularly. Our goal is to ensure we maintain commercially reasonable standards to secure your financial privacy.
We use computer anti-virus software that is designed to detect and prevent computer viruses from entering our computer network system.
We use a specially programmed computer system that "stands" between First American and the Internet. It is a security measure used by many companies to prevent unauthorized access by individuals or computer networks.
We continually monitor for attempts to break through our security systems.
We encourage you to use our Online Services to preserve your private information over the Internet through the use of a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts all your data into a series of unrecognizable numbers to travel through the Internet and establishes a secure connection between you and us. Once a secure connection is established, our computer network turns these numbers into recognizable information for our use.
IDENTIFYING AUTHORIZED USERS
We have designed our systems to ensure that your Personal Identification Number (PIN), password, and other access codes are always private and confidential. For your protection, only you know your access codes. Our employees do not have access to them, and they will not ask you to reveal them.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
You are accessing the First American Equipment Finance internet website, www.faef.com, as well as its affiliated sites, including – but not limited to – www.fahf.com, www.favf.com, www.faenterprisefinance.com, www.faprofessionalfinance.com, www.falegalfinance.com, www.fainsurancefinance.com, and www.fafoodandbeverage.com. First American and some of its affiliated companies and Information Providers not associated with First American prepare or provide the information, materials, products and services available or described on the Site.
BY ACCESSING THIS SITE AND ANY OF ITS PAGES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, PLEASE EXIT THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
TRADEMARK/COPYRIGHT/PATENTS/RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The pages and the screens are owned and controlled by First American unless otherwise indicated and are protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and international treaty. The copyrighted and trademarked materials on the site include, but are not limited to, the name “First American Equipment Finance,” the logos, the content, the text, and the page design and graphics. When you agree to these Terms and Conditions For Use, you are authorized to view the contents of the site for your information purposes only. You may download copyrighted and trademarked material for your personal or internal business purposes only. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in the copyrighted or trademarked material you download. You may not copy, display, distribute, transfer, link to, reproduce, license, frame, alter, create derivative works from or republish in any form all or any part of the site for any commercial or public purpose without the prior written consent of First American Equipment Finance. You may not deep link to any page within the site. You may not use any First American trademark as a link to the site without the expressed written consent of First American Equipment Finance. To request link to the site, please send your written request to the following address:
First American Equipment Finance
Attn: Karen Pomazal
255 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Inquiries respecting the use of copyrighted materials or Site linkage may also be directed to us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Unauthorized use of the site, including but not limited to unauthorized entry into any First American network, unauthorized use of any First American product or service, or the misuse of any password or any information or material appearing on the site is prohibited.
For your protection and the protection of the First American network, all activity on this site may be monitored and recorded, and you agree that First American may do so. First American may monitor your use of the site for purposes including but not limited to site and transaction security and usage tracking without prior notice to you.
NO WARRANTY/OTHER DISCLAIMERS
The information and materials available on this site are intended for general use or education and are derived or produced from sources believed to be reliable and accurate when produced. However, First American does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any such information or material or the appropriateness of the information or material for use by you. First American Equipment Finance expressly disclaims liability for errors or omission in this information and material. No warranty of any kind, express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is given in conjunction with this information and material or a product or service available on the site, except as First American may otherwise expressly agree in writing.
You acknowledge that neither First American nor any of its employees, agents, information providers or licensors warrant that the products or services provided or made available through the site or that the site itself will be uninterrupted, error free or free from computer virus.
Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed or recommendations made on this site are the opinions or recommendations of the authors and are not, necessarily, the opinions or recommendations of First American Equipment Finance.
System response times may vary due to system performance and other factors.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS FIRST AMERICAN EQUIPMENT FINANCE MAY OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING OR AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT FIRST AMERICAN IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, COST, LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING BY REASON OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, THE SITE ITSELF, THE USE OF INTERNET BROWSER SOFTWARE OR ANY COMPUTER VIRUS THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM BY REASON OF YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE (PROVIDED THAT FIRST AMERICAN SHALL HAVE TAKEN REASONABLE PRECAUTION TO PROTECT AGAINST SUCH A VIRUS). IN NO EVENT WILL FIRST AMERICAN BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF FIRST AMERICAN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
CHANGE IN TERMS/MODIFICATIONS
First American reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions For Use in whole or in part at any time without prior notice except as otherwise required by law or as otherwise agreed in writing. The current version of these Terms and Conditions For Use are available to you on the site. If you find these Terms and Conditions For Use, or any of them, unacceptable to you at any time, you shall discontinue your use of the site. By continuing to access or use of the site after the date of any change in the Terms and Condition of Use you agree to the then current Terms and Conditions For Use, and not any older cached version.
First American reserves the right to modify or terminate the site, any product or service available through the site, any link provided by or to the site and your access to the site, in whole or in part, at any time.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Applicable federal law and the law of the state of New York govern these Terms and Conditions For Use unless otherwise indicated.
FIRST AMERICAN SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Thank you for visiting First American. We hope you find your visit useful and enjoy your conversation. However, there are some terms and conditions you need to understand about your use of social media and our expectations about your use any of our social media sites.
- Confidentiality. Please do NOT provide specific account or transaction information on or through any of our social media sites. Also, please do not post personal information of any kind, including such information as your email address, phone number, social security or account number. Finally, please don't comment on actual litigation or disputes. If you need to reach us for service or other concerns or matters, write us 255 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, NY 14450, call us at (800) 801-3830, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, when indicated on our site, click on "Contact Us."
- Please be respectful. First American conducts its business in a professional manner and expects our clients and others to do the same. If you have concerns about us or disagree with something we have done, we want to hear from you, but do not be abusive. We may take down comments that we determine are offensive, threatening, harassing, infringing, discriminatory, false, or infringe the privacy rights of others or are otherwise unlawful. Rants and blasts or spam are not helpful and may also be taken down.
- Topic. If you comment, please do not change the topic or in some other way subject our social media sites to abuse. We may take down posts, comments or tweets, which are off topic or designed to redirect a user from our site without consent.
- Monitoring. While we may monitor our sites for postings, we are not obligated to do so and may not do so with regularity. Do not rely on a post to communicate with us; rather, use the resources indicated above in #1 to contact us.
- Non-Endorsement. First American does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads, content, products, advice, opinions, recommendations or other material on third party social media sites. First American is not responsible for content uploaded on its site by anyone other than a First American authorized representative and any such content is the responsibility of the party uploading it. If First American does not endorse it, it may be taken down.
- Disclaimers. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn and Google+ and other sites owned by third parties are not affiliated with First American Commercial Bancorp or any First American company. First American is not responsible for the content on or the privacy or security policies at these sites or other third party sites that may be linked to or from them.
- Trademarks and Service Marks. First American and its family of logos and all branding and other identified property are registered under law and protected and may not be used by others without permission.
ATTENTION FIRST AMERICAN COLLEAGUES
When accessing social media sites, exercise caution to avoid untrusted sites. Review the Code of Conduct and Internet Social Networking Policy before accessing or commenting on any social media site. Understand that opinions, comments or information shared on social media sites are fully available to the public and may remain online permanently. Respect the privacy of our clients and others. When commenting on a First American social media site, disclose your employment with First American. When commenting on other sites, consider carefully whether to identify yourself as a First American colleague and if you do, unless otherwise specifically authorized, clearly state that any views or opinions expressed are your own and not necessarily the views or opinions of First American.
First American reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.